Welcome to the Control Freaks blog hop featuring BIRTHDAY projects. That's the theme this month. I'm super excited to show you a couple of the cards I made for my Facebook Live event on Sunday night with the fabulous WATERFRONT stamp set!
You might be arriving from the talented Connie Babbert or you might be starting right here with my blog...either way...make sure you go to the bottom and look for the NEXT graphic (it looks just like the one above only it says "click here to proceed") and continue on the hop with us! There are 8 blogs in this hop with fabulous creations to share with you.
I went for a masculine theme and here's what I came up with:
I stamped my mountains in Basic Gray with the lighter one being a second generation stamp - meaning I didn't re-ink the stamp after I stamped the first mountain. You can see that I did a little masking to stamp the trees behind the mountains on the left. My lake is stamped with Marina Mist and the trees are just stamped all over with Old Olive and Tranquil Tide. I added some clouds with Marina Mist and the sun in Daffodil Delight. This card came together so quickly - the stamp set is so much fun! The Birthday Thinlits were the perfect embellishment to make a GREAT statement for this man card.
- Marina Mist 5-1/2" x 8-1/2"
- Basic Black 4" x 5-1/4" & scrap
- Whisper White 3-3/4" x 5" & 4" x 5-1/4" (inside)
And here's another man card with the same stamp set!
Tranquil tide ink makes this card look very masculine and rich. My mountains are stamped in Soft Suede on Watercolor Paper and then blended a little bit with an Aqua Painter. I did the same with the grassy meadow and Tranquil Tide ink. It's hard to see but I used the new BASKET WEAVE embossing folder on the Basic Black layer to give it a little texture.
- Tranquil Tide 5-1/2" x 8-1/2"
- Basic Black 4" x 5-1/4" scrap
- Watercolor Paper 3-3/4" x 3-3/4"
- Whisper White 4" x 5-1/4" (inside) & scrap
Heres the stamp set I used - the WATERFRONT set has 16 different magnificent images:
- Stamps: Waterfront
- Ink: Basic Gray, Marina Mist, Tranquil Tide, Old Olive, Memento Black, Daffodil Delight
- Cardstock: Marina Mist, Basic Black, Whisper White, Tranquil Tide, Watercolor Paper
- Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Circles Framelits, Big Shot, Dimensionals, Emerald Envy Crinkled Seam Binding, Birthday Thinlit, Black Baker's Twine, Basket Weave Dynamic Embossing Folder, Aqua Painters
Thanks so much for checking out my projects! Click on the graphic below to see what the talented Melissa Stout has created for you: