Control Freaks Blog Hop - Fun & Fancy Free
FUN & FANCY FREE is the theme for our blog hop today! You may have just arrived from the fabulous Lisa Martz's blog or you may just be seeing the hop for the first time here. Whichever - please make sure you take the tour by clicking on the NEXT button down below my projects to continue on your way and see the amazing projects we've each created!
Let's get started...I may have gone a little crazy with this new bundle...but honestly, I just couldn't help myself!!! My name is Kelly Acheson and I have a problem - LOL! My gift set utilizes a BRAND NEW bundle coming to you on August 2. It's called Thoughtful Branches - featuring an incredible 23 stamps and matching thinlits - AND IT'S AMAZING!!!
Lets take a little tour of sorts - so I can give you a few details about my creations. Do you love this card??? This was my first go with the Thoughtful Branches bundle and I have to say I was pretty pleased with my results. I chose Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant and Crumb Cake cardstock for my colors.
- I stamped the hydrangea on Perfect Plum cardstock with Elegant Eggplant ink and die cut it.
- Next I took the Wink of Stella clear glitter pen and added some shimmer to this layer.
- I also die cut the hydrangea on Elegant Eggplant cardstock and off-set it a little bit behind the stamped layer. Can you see the tiny little pearls on my Hydrangea?
- I used the Brick Wall embossing folder on the Crumb Cake layer and then swiped my Whisper White Craft Pad across the front of the layer - thanks Dena Rekow for that amazing idea!
- Pear Pizzazz was my choice for the stem and leaves.
- I topped it all off with a bow using the Elegant Eggplant Baker's Twine!
This was my next project - I picked up a set of four white canvas' (5-3/4 x 5-3/4) at my local craft store - I knew I wanted to use them with this new bundle...but I had a completely different idea than what I made here - funny how that happens sometimes right? I used acrylic paint and a sponge brush to swipe some tan paint on my canvas...I wanted it to have the "swooshie" look that the Watercolor Wash background stamp has and I think I accomplished that! The Jar of Love bundle came in handy when I was thinking "hmmmm I need some type of a vase for my flowers" and WAAA LAAA I grabbed that! You can't see the shimmer from the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Pen on my flowers - but trust me - it's there!
- The jar is stamped on a Window Sheet with Black StazOn ink and die cut.
- Then I die cut another jar on Whisper White cardstock - stamped the water image in the jar with Soft Sky ink on the white layer.
- I adhered my Window Sheet jar to my white layer with Liquid Glue - did you know that if you squirt some glue out and leave it dry to a little while it turns into a mini glue dot??? Cool right?
- The greeting is stamped on Vellum Cardstock with Elegant Eggplant ink and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder.
- Do you see the rounded edges on my little banner? I used the Best Badge Punch to punch the end - pretty clever right?
And last but not least...as a matter of fact...MOST IMPORTANT is the chocolate in my little crate!!! You always have to have chocolate when you stamp! I received a similar crate from my friend Sarah on Friday night...it was setting on my studio table...I looked at it and said "I must make one for my gift set!" I told you I got a little carried away! Here are the details for the crate:
- Cut Crumb Cake cardstock 9 x 3 scored 2-1/2" on each end
- Cut 4 strips 1 x 5 and score 1/2" from each end
- Using Crumb Cake ink - stamp the Woodgrain Background stamp on all four strips and the ends of the crate layer
- I used one of the lids from the Jar of Love bundle to die cut the handles in the end of my crate
- Fold on score lines and glue it all together
- BOOM - super fun!
Here's the amazing bundle that will be available from August 2 - 31:
Stamps: Thoughtful Branches Bundle, Hardwood Background, Jar of Love Bundle
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Crumb Cake (crate), Black StazOn (jar stamped on Window Sheet), Soft Sky (water in jar)
Paper: Vellum Cardstock, Elegant Eggplant, Pear Pizzazz, Perfect Plum, Whisper White
Accessories: White Baker's Twine, Paper Doily, Pearls, Big Shot, Precision Base Plate, Magnetic Plate, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Dimensionals, Liquid Glue, Wink of Stella Glitter Pen, Elegant Eggplant Baker's Twine
Thanks for stopping here...
Please continue the tour and see what Amy Koenders has created for you!!! Click here:
Wow, wow, wow! Love your projects and I love this bundle too! Fantastic designs and perfect colors. :)
Posted by: Amy Koenders | 07/19/2016 at 06:59 PM
Great projects Kelly, I love this new bundle too!
Posted by: Debbie Henderson | 07/19/2016 at 08:01 PM
I love this bundle, too! Clever idea using the badge punch to round the banner ends!!!
Posted by: Cindy Elam | 07/19/2016 at 08:23 PM
GORGEOUS project ensemble!
Posted by: melissa davies | 07/19/2016 at 08:27 PM
Wow Kelly! awesome!!!
Posted by: Ruth Bingle | 07/20/2016 at 01:12 AM
Such beautiful projects!! Just love that little crate!
Posted by: Heidi Baks | 07/20/2016 at 08:22 AM