Welcome to the June Control Freaks Blog Hop...we have a fabulous line up for you!!! This month's blog hop features NEW CATALOG GOODNESS - ooooo la la!!! You may have just arrived or hopped here from Melissa Stout's blog - isn't she amazing???
Today I have a beautiful card using the Floral Boutique Suite found on page 76 & 77 of the new catalog. It includes the Floral Phrases stamp set, Detailed Floral Thinlits Dies, Floral Boutique Designer Washi Tape, Night of Navy Solid Baker's Twine and Floral Boutique Designer Series Paper with a Navy and White theme. OH MY!!! I am in love with this suite!!!
Doesn't this card look like you purchased it from a fancy boutique??? The thinlits do all the work!!! It's so easy to use too!!!
Do you love the pocket on the front??? Here's how I did it:
- Cut your Night of Navy card stock 5-1/4 x 4-1/4
- Score on each side at 1/2" & 4-3/4"
- Die cut the larger Detailed Floral Thinlit and the edge thinlit in the middle of the score lines
- Cut the sides off and fold on the score lines
- I glued this pocket piece onto my 4" x 5-1/4" Designer Series Paper and then to the front of my card base
- Cardbase (11 x 4-1/4)
- Designer Series Paper Layer (4 x 5-1/4)
- Pocket Layer (5-1/4 x 4-1/4 scored at 1/2 & 4-3/4)
- Navy Pocket Insert (3-1/2 x 4-3/4)
- White Pocket Insert (3-1/4 x 4-1/2)
- White Inside Layer (3-3/4 x 5)
I love the border - it's the perfect accent to dress up the inside layer!
I just made 24 of these today! The best products to go with these thinlits is the Magnetic Platform, the Precision Base Plate and the Big Shot Die Brush - a life saver!!! You know how you get a product...you love it...but it's kind of a pain to use? Well - with the Big Shot Die Brush - I don't hesitate to use my intricate thinlits anymore - it's so simple now!!!
And now onto Wendy Wiexler's blog to see what she has in store for you - click on the NEXT button here: