Welcome to the December CONTROL FREAKS BLOG HOP!!! If you are arriving from Debbie Henderson I'm sure you're thrilled you're hopping with us - she does fabulous work! If you're starting here on my blog - make sure you click on the NEXT button at the bottom to continue on the hop!
For our HAPPY HOLIDAYS theme I chose a gift card and matching treat holder. Aren't they just adorable??? I know people like gift cards - but when I give them I like to spruce them up a little bit more so it's not just a piece of plastic...because that's soooooo....generic! So my peeps get a little candy treat or some other little gift to go with their gift card. I think it makes them feel extra special!
The GLASSINE BAGS are perfect to run through the CABLE KNIT embossing folder - love the extra texture it gives my gift card holder. It's hard to see in the photo - but it's super cool!
A few instructions:
- Fold your bag up so it's about 1" from the serrated opening edge and it creates a pocket in the front for your gift card
- Run it through the Big Shot in the CABLE KNIT embossing folder
- Wrap the DSP layer around the bag meeting in the front
- Add the ribbon - also meeting in the front
- Die cut Early Espresso scallop circle and Real Red circle
- Add both to front of card covering the DSP and ribbon seams
- Add cut out house from CANDY CANE LANE DSP with Dimensionals
- Stamp inside Crumb Cake layer and staple Burlap Ribbon for a pull tab
- Real Red 4-1/2 x 4-1/4
- Crumb Cake 4 x 4-1/4
- Candy Cane Lane DSP 2 x 10-1/2
And then there's this little cutie!!! The bag is a GUSSETED CELLO BAG with designer series paper lining the inside. A cute little bag of reindeer noses - I used Whoppers and a Red Cherry candy for the Rudolph nose - super fun!!! I have a video on You Tube that will show you how to make these treat holders on my channel (Kelly Acheson) on August 26th, 2016.
- Candy Cane Lane DSP 2-7/8 x 9-1/4, scored at 1", 3" & 7-3/4
- Whisper White 2 x 3-3/4
- Real Red 2-1/4 x 4
- Crumb Cake scraps
Stamps: 142043 Cookie Cutter Christmas, 142040 Candy Cane Christmas, Alphabet
Ink: 126949 Real Red, 132708 Memento Black
Cardstock: 141981 Candy Cane Lane DSP, 121790 Red Glimmer Paper, 100730 Whisper White, 102482 Real Red, 120953 Crumb Cake
Accessories: 141704 Gusseted Bags, 141700 Glassine Gift Bags, 140396 Cookie Cutter Punch, 141763Gold Binder Clips, 141984 Real Red Stitched Edge Ribbon, 132133 Chalk Marker, 141705 Layering Circles Framelits, 141487 Burlap Ribbon, 143537 Cable Knit Embossing Folder, 143263 Big Shot
Thanks for hopping with me!
Be sure to continue on to see what Amy Koenders has in store for you!
Click here to continue your creative SNEAK PEEK journey:
Thanks for stopping by...