Welcome to the Tour de Freaks February Blog Hop featuring Sale-a-Bration creations...
I can tell you, when you see what we have to share with you, you WILL be ecstactic you came by!
If you are arriving from Barb Mullikin at Barb Stamps
you just met one of my BESTIES! Barb and I go back to my very first trip to Founder's Circle in St. George, Utah! Her projects are just amazing, aren't they?!
So....THIS HAPPENED! Stampin' Up! released some new GOODIES this week for the big Sale-a-Bration promotion that lasts until the end of March and I am LOVIN' this one - Pedal Pusher! It is soooo stinkin' cute! I made a New Year's Resolution to USE my Designer Series Paper!!! I have to have all of it...but I don't use it very often. Well as of January 1st that is a changin'!!!! My DSP problem seems to be in remission and I'm well on my way to a full RECOVERY! Check out my progress with these beauties:
I matched the Pedal Pusher stamp set up with the Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper for a smashing gift combination! This designer paper matches the Flowering Fields stamp set in the SAB flyer - but it's so GOR-JEE-OUS and really goes with any fun, uplifting projects you have in mind...like this one.
I used the new Watermelon Wonder 1" Stitched Satin Ribbon on this card even though the color in the paper is Calypso Coral - it worked perfect. Kind of like when you wear a certain outfit and your eyes take on that color...SAME THING HERE!
Supplies: Pedal Pusher Stamp Set (FREE); Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper (FREE); Brick Wall Embossing Folder; Big Shot; 2-1/2" Circle Punch; Tree Builder Punch (little tiny flower on banner); Watermelon Wonder 1" Stitched Satin Ribbon; Pearl Basic Jewels; Stampin' Sponges; Dimensionals; Inks: StazOn Jet Black & Basic Gray (sponging); Cardstock: Lost Lagoon, Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Blackberry Bliss; Markers: Calypso Coral, Hello Honey, Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizaazz
- Fold Lost Lagoon card base in half (8-1/2" x 5-1/2)
- Tie bow with Watermelon Wonder 1" Satin Stitched ribbon to DSP (5-1/4" x 4") layer and then to card front
- Run 3" x 4" layer of Whisper White card stock through Big Shot in Brick Wall Embossing Folder
- Sponge brick wall layer with Basic Gray ink - adhere to card front
- Stamp bicycle with StazOn Jet Black ink on Whisper White scrap and punch with 2-1/2" Circle Punch
- Color in with markers and adhere to card front with Dimensionals
- Stamp greeting with StazOn Jet Black ink on 1/2" x 3" Calypso Coral scrap - cut banner in left end
- Add tiny pearl to Blackberry Bliss flower from Tree Builder Punch - adhere to banner and add banner to card front with Dimensionals
- BOOM - DONE!
I'm saving the card and this cutie-patootie gift bag for the next special person in my life that needs a little pick-me-up. The bag is big enough to hold something fun and I think some type of inspirational art knick-knack would be a perfect pick-me-up for a friend in need.
Supplies: Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper; Vintage Faceted Designer Series Buttons; Calypso Coral Thick Baker's Twine; Triple Banner Punch; Scalloped Tag Topper Punch; Simply Scored Scoring Tool; Liquid Glue; Mini Glue Dots; Cardstock: Blackberry Bliss for tag
Here's a template for this SUPER SIMPLE little bag:
- Cut designer series paper 12" x 8"
- Score 2" on all sides
- Score 5" in from each end
- Cut on the 4 score marks shown with the BOLD lines
- Fold and glue together with Liquid Glue or Tear Tape
- Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezie!
- Cut & score bag as shown above
- Cut a piece of 2" x 12" DSP and score at 1" down the middle of it the long way
- Fold this over the top edge of your back and glue in place
- Fold bag on score lines and assemble
- Add 4" x 1-1/2" tag punched with Triple Banner Punch on the bottom edge to bag front
- Fold Scallop Tag Topper tag over the top edge of bag - glue in place
- Tie bow in button with Thick Baker's Twine and attach to tag with Mini Glue Dot
- BOOM - DONE!
Thanks for hopping here!
Be sure to continue on to see what Melissa Davies at Rubber Fanatics has in store for you!
Click here to continue your creative journey:
Enjoy your tour!